Collections is removed. 100+ Hours of research GONE. I need to get it back

Kevin York 45 Reputation points
2026-06-15T19:45:15.5133333+00:00

This has to be the bazillionth time Msoft has destroyed my productivity and I hate them for it.

I have tons of research that used to be at my fingertips with collections... one of the best things Msoft ever did for saving links which is not only disabled to add to, but now removed.

I did find it in bing.com/saves but trying to back it up is INSANE. you must click the folder, then select a link, then click select all links... the YOU MUST WAIT for something to load for a while before clicking copy... or it will NOT copy all the links... then past it to excel, notebook or something. Well for hundreds of links this is taking hours.

Thanks so much Microsoft for considering my productivity or rather dumping hours of work I should not have to do. There should be a way to back this all up, but so far there is not! or it is not evident.... or it is going to take several days possibly.

I would like to know if there is an easier way that someone has figured out.

I would like to know if there is a better way to save links that you can organize quickly and easily that maybe even shows a preview (without having to load every time.) Maybe even a better browser that is not google or Mozilla or safari. (that has awesome link saving organizing capabilities.)

Microsoft Edge | Favorites, history, and downloads | Windows 11
0 comments No comments

Answer recommended by moderator
Kevin York 45 Reputation points
2026-06-21T01:01:45.7733333+00:00

After I got off the phone with Msoft Tech support... (after a few hours said there was no way to do this... I found out you can.

Bing.com/saves is where you may find your collections set... if they were transferred. You must be signed into your browser.
Than go to https://github.com/alan8983/bing-collections-to-bookmarks and try to follow the directions.
They omit that you must create an account for the get code button to show up and be green.
I did it and it copied ALL my collections (100's of links) back into the Favorites folder in a sub folder.

I spent hours trying to figure out how to do this simply. Well, it is not simple, but this will do the job.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

3 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lucus-V 13,225 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-06-16T16:30:55.2466667+00:00

    Hi Kevin York,

    I really wish I could assist you directly on this issue. However, the behavior you're experiencing is tied to back‑end systems and service functionality, and unfortunately, we don't have the authority or access required to investigate or make changes at that level.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators, contributors including external Microsoft employees cannot directly intervene in Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance on reported issues, requests, or ideas.

    Given these limitations, the most appropriate avenue for product changes or feature requests is to send feedback through Microsoft Edge: ••• > Help and feedback > Send feedback or ☰ > All menu > Help and feedback.

    Thank you for your understanding, and I hope the support team can resolve this for you soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  2. Kevin York 45 Reputation points
    2026-06-17T19:17:02.1933333+00:00

    I do not understand your line of thinking. If this is user to user, my hopes would be that another USER might offer a solution. Or anyone else on this forum. I would not expect this to be your responsibility.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Kevin York 45 Reputation points
    2026-06-17T18:05:51.4866667+00:00

    It just really bothers me that Microsoft does not really make my life easier, but much harder a lot of the time.

    For instance... the old excel had shaded icon buttons you could configure for the app, not the sheets... At work I was super productive and fast a lighting working. It would make some uncomfortable to watch. I had tailored excel with shortcuts and items that stuck out for they eye to catch and stick out. Then Msoft changes the way it looks to match metro. A lot of the defining characteristics of the app disappeard to make it look more homogenous... and bland. My production tanked.

    Recently I have been dealing with death, lawyers, mental illness, car problems for myself and others, and renovations. I had collections tabs for each one. Links I had used that were categorized and filed. A list of lawyers, bankers, stock companies and other related business, Doctors for my family members that are having dire trouble... neatly packed into a tab, videos showing how to fix or take car of my car... one for my girlfriends... MONTHS of furniture choices, plus possible contractors... then also flooring... Computer tech.
    Weeks, Months, years of work. Important legal and health... ALL GONE. GONE...

    I knew Msoft had stopped people from adding tabs and links, but I did not know Msoft was going to REMOVE IT!

    Well, ok... I found it on bing.com/saves but guess what. the function is severly limited and there is nothing stating how long that will be there.

    Well, now I can copy ONE link at a time. My response is nothing short of contemp. I have supported and preached microsoft to thousands of people since DOS. I even ran a microsoft centric user group that had thousands of IT people in it. But when you do things to your customers that sets them back to the stone ages... or KILLS THEIR PRODUCTIVITY... Microsoft was supposed to make our lives easier and increase out production. This is anything but.

    So far, there is no way to export the collections back into edge.

    So far I have not found anything to replace it that I am comfortable with.

    RAINDROP IO seemed like it had potential... until you read the policy. They can use your data for anything. If your country does not allow it, they can move it to a country that does and then mine it. Absolutely INSANE...

    So what I say to microsoft is you have severely pissed me off. You lost a lot of clients overseas... possibly whole countries and billions of dollars most likely... stop pissing off the people who have been loyal... stop hurting my productivity... stop it with the severe set backs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.