Microsoft Learn Student Ambassadors Registration Issue – Email Mismatch and Account Linking Loop Despite Successful Student Verification Details:

Madhav 20 Reputation points
2026-06-13T03:44:19.8766667+00:00

Hello,

I am a student from GLA University and I am trying to register for the Microsoft Learn Student Ambassadors Program.

I am facing an account linking and verification issue that I have been unable to resolve for several days.

My situation is as follows:

  • I have a valid university email address ending with @gla.ac.in.

My university email has already been successfully verified by Microsoft.

When I try Azure for Students verification, I receive the message: "This email account has already been used for verification this year."

I have both a university account and a Microsoft account associated with my student identity.

Initially, the Student Ambassadors portal showed an "Email Mismatch" error, stating that the selected account did not match my university email.

After signing in only with my university account, the Email Mismatch issue was reduced, but now I am facing a different problem.

Current issue:

When I open the Student Ambassadors registration portal and click "Link Account", nothing happens. The page simply reloads or returns to the same linking screen without completing the process.

Troubleshooting already attempted:

Signed out of all Microsoft accounts.

Used Incognito/Private browsing mode.

Tried multiple browsers including Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

Signed in only with my university account.

Confirmed that my university email is already verified.

Repeated the registration process multiple times over several days.

Could someone please check whether there is an issue with my account mapping, student verification record, or backend account linking process?

I would appreciate any guidance on how to complete the registration successfully.

Thank you.Hello,

I am a student from GLA University and I am trying to register for the Microsoft Learn Student Ambassadors Program.

I am facing an account linking and verification issue that I have been unable to resolve for several days.

My situation is as follows:

I have a valid university email address ending with @gla.ac.in.

My university email has already been successfully verified by Microsoft.

When I try Azure for Students verification, I receive the message: "This email account has already been used for verification this year."

I have both a university account and a Microsoft account associated with my student identity.

Initially, the Student Ambassadors portal showed an "Email Mismatch" error, stating that the selected account did not match my university email.

After signing in only with my university account, the Email Mismatch issue was reduced, but now I am facing a different problem.

Current issue:

When I open the Student Ambassadors registration portal and click "Link Account", nothing happens. The page simply reloads or returns to the same linking screen without completing the process.

Troubleshooting already attempted:

Signed out of all Microsoft accounts.

Used Incognito/Private browsing mode.

Tried multiple browsers including Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

Signed in only with my university account.

Confirmed that my university email is already verified.

Repeated the registration process multiple times over several days.

Could someone please check whether there is an issue with my account mapping, student verification record, or backend account linking process?

I would appreciate any guidance on how to complete the registration successfully.

Thank you. .

[Moderator edit: Changed tags from: Azure | Azure Training ]

Community Center | Not monitored
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
NathanRoberts (SN) 13,696 Reputation points Student Ambassador Volunteer Moderator
2026-06-13T07:52:01.5933333+00:00

Hey there, Madhav

You’ll want to email sa-help@microsoft.com.

The Microsoft Student Ambassadors team can check your account mapping, verification record, and the backend linking issue directly. They’re the only team with access to the systems behind the registration portal, so they’ll be able to help you with this issue.

Please note that they do respond to emails within 24 to 48 hours. This could be longer over the weekend and any public holidays. Please make sure you only email them once regarding the issue you are having.

Hope this helps,
Nathan

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.