Some websites are not showing some icons on my Surface Laptop 7.

Peter Hastings 20 Reputation points
2026-06-12T17:43:10.17+00:00

The two sites I've seen it on are Google Maps and Flightradar24. This has only started recently. I mainly use Chrome, but the behaviour is the same with Edge (in normal and incognito sessions).

Flightradar24 shows the positions of aircraft in real and does this by displaying a moving icon for each aircraft. These icons are no longer visible. Google maps used to show icons for landmarks - eg railway stations. They show up when I open Maps, but the disappear after a second or so. I used to see icons on the maps for my saved places, but they are no longer visible.

I have installed the latest driver pack ( SurfaceLaptop7_ARM_Win11_26100_26.033.32430.0.msi - issued on May 1st) but this didn't change anything. There are no updates showing as outstanding. Chrome has been updated to the current version as well.

I also have a Windows 11 desktop PC and the behaviour on the two sites listed is as expected.

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 11
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Clary-N 16,295 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-06-13T09:08:36.6466667+00:00

Hi Peter Hastings,

Thanks for the detailed description. Since this is happening on both Chrome and Edge (including InPrivate) but not on your other PC, it’s unlikely to be a website issue.

Both Google Maps and Flightradar24 rely on GPU‑accelerated rendering and this behavior (icons appearing briefly then disappearing) may happen if there’s a compatibility issue between the browser’s hardware acceleration and the graphics driver.

Could you try the following quick check: In Chrome or Edge, go to Settings > System/ System and performance, turn off “Use graphics acceleration when available”, then restart the browsers and test again.

If the icons display correctly after this, it would confirm the issue is related to GPU rendering on the device.

As an additional comparison, if possible, try the same sites in a non‑Chromium browser. If they work normally there, it would further point to a Chromium-specific rendering issue.

Please let me know how it goes. I’ll be happy to help with next steps.


If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".  

Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.