how to repeat a table header in office/word 365

Holly Gadd 0 Reputation points
2026-06-12T14:00:17.07+00:00

I need the table header to repeat on the next page. Instructions say to right click on the row to be repeated and select table properties where I will be able to get the repeat table header option.

When I right click, there is not "table properties" option on the list for me to select.

Are there other ways to get a header to repeat?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For education | Windows

Answer recommended by moderator
Ryan-N 16,005 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-06-12T15:33:23.6333333+00:00

Hi @Holly Gadd ,

Welcome to the Microsoft Q&A forum.

Based on your description, you would like the table header to be repeated on the next page.

Please follow the steps below:

Step 1: Click on your table.

Step 2: Select Table Layout.

Step 3: Highlight the entire header row of the table.

Step 4: Choose Repeat Header Rows.

User's image

User's image

After that, the header will automatically be repeated on the next page.

If I misunderstood your request or if you need further assistance, please feel free to share more details with me. It would be even better if you could provide a screenshot so I can check and assist you more accurately.

 I hope this information is helpful. Please follow these steps and let me know if it works for you. If not, we can work together to resolve this.   

Thank you for your patience and your understanding. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to share them in the comments on this post so I can continue to support you.

I look forward to continuing the conversation.


If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it.

Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread. 

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.