Open the Settings App.
Go to Accounts - Sign In Options.
On that settings window, do you see a toggle to require a Windows Hello login, if so, disable that setting, are you then able to set up a password login and remove the PIN option?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm back again, and my PIN no longer works.
It's doing the same thing; but now if the computer is asleep OR sometimes starts up from a shutdown.
Restarting it has become the only bypass, and sometimes it stops the restart because I need to 'set up a new PIN'.
I would set up a password, but for some reason in my setting thats not an option. I have no front camera that is compatible with Windows Face Recognition, and no fingerprint thing. The only options I have are a PIN and a security key (which I do not have and have no clue where I'd get one)
Doing this 'Forget my PIN' and resetting it from there worked for a week or two, but now it's doing this again. I can't keep resetting this thing every few days. I'm starting to think something may be corrupeted but have no clue how to fix it. I'm horrible with software, so advanced options and solutions make little to no sense for me.
I have no local tech shops anywhere near me that could handle this, at least that I know of, and I don't have the money to ship this thing somewhere to get it fixed.
Someone, please help.
Thanks,
Signature S.
Open the Settings App.
Go to Accounts - Sign In Options.
On that settings window, do you see a toggle to require a Windows Hello login, if so, disable that setting, are you then able to set up a password login and remove the PIN option?