A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
Hi @Andy Entrekin,
Based on your sharing, if the named range are correctly defined with OFFSET and then added to the data ranges in Select Data, normally Excel should keep the define named without converting it to current range. I have tried to reproduce the problem you are experiencing, but I couldn't gather more details or insights into the problem causing it.
However, I suggest you can consider trying using Excel Table for your case. It has the same dynamic approach with OFFSET define names that when you add a new value directly below the table, Excel expands the table automatically and the chart referencing to the table also updates automatically. You just need to select the data range (e.g A1:E200) then go to Insert > Table (or use shortcut Ctrl + T) > check the Headers box if your data has headers > OK. Then normally create the Box & Whisker chart with that data table.
You can give it a try and see if it meets your needs. If not, don't hesitate to reach out again and we can work together to find the best approach for your concern.
If you have any questions or need any further clarification, please leave a comment here and I will be happy to continue to help you.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. I'm looking forward to your reply.
If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it.
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.