PowerApps forumula to show selection on display and edit forms

Sherazad Ahmed 436 Reputation points
2026-06-10T15:58:58.4266667+00:00

Hello,

I have a form on SharePoint online that I am trying to customize. It is a person field that needs to be limited to a certain set of individuals. Here is my setup so far (the variables exist in the SharePoint integration onNew, onEdit and onView.

The data gets saved as I can see it in my allitems view. However, when I open an item on, the value does not show on the display nor edit forms in this field. Can someone please assist with how I can fix this?

Formula

Items field:

Distinct(PO_Requestors,Requestor.DisplayName)


Update:

Coalesce(DataCardValue4.Selected, varDynamicPerson)

DefaultSelectedItems:

If(
    SharePointForm1.Mode = FormMode.New,
    Table(varDynamicPerson),
    Table(Coalesce(varDynamicPerson, varFormRecord.Requestor))
)

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | Development
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Hin-V 16,830 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-06-10T18:06:19.58+00:00

Hi @Sherazad Ahmed

Thank you for reaching out. 

Based on your description, looks like this behavior is not caused by a SharePoint issue. It is related to how the Person field is configured within Power Apps, particularly how the data is being handled and displayed in the form. 

Since my current category primarily focuses on Office 365 products, and your concern relates to Microsoft Power Apps, I want to ensure you receive the most accurate and effective assistance. For this reason, I recommend posting your question in the Power Platform community. You can post it in both the Power Apps and Power Automate forums to gain insights from both areas of the Power Platform.   

By posting there, you’ll connect with a highly knowledgeable group of contributors who can either share their expertise or learn alongside your scenario, increasing the chances of a quick and relevant solution.  

We apologize for redirecting you to a different community. However, members in this category primarily focus on Microsoft 365–related topics and may have limited experience with Power Platform tools. Redirecting you to the appropriate forum helps ensure you receive faster and more accurate assistance. 

As community moderators, our role is to guide users toward the most suitable resources and support channels. While we may not have full visibility into all aspects of the issue, we remain committed to supporting you to the best of our ability within our scope. 

If you have any additional concerns, feel free to comment below. I would be more than happy to assist. 


Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.   

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.