Its working now. I will create an other thread for Printer extension, if i need help. Thanks Tom for your help.
v4 Driver Usbmon bidi communication
Hi Folks,
I am facing issue with adding bidi into my v4 driver. I donot see any logs in event viewer. I have attached my .js(as txt) and .xml files. Thank you
Best Regards Farooq
Windows development | Windows Driver Kit (WDK)
1 additional answer
Sort by: Newest
-
Tom Tran (WICLOUD CORPORATION) 5,945 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-06-10T11:49:28.36+00:00 Hi @Ahmad, Farooq ,
Before checking the USB command itself, I would like to first confirm whether Windows is actually loading the Bidi XML and JavaScript files.
From the USB Bidi Extender documentation, USBMon needs to find the Bidi XML and JavaScript files from the v4 driver manifest or driver INI before the script can run.
Could you please check and confirm these points?
- In your INF/manifest/INI file, are
DeviceBidi.xmland your JavaScript file referenced with the exact same file names as the files included in the driver package? If possible, please share only the related lines where these two files are referenced. - After reinstalling the driver, please check:
%windir%\inf\setupapi.dev.logThen search for:DeviceBidi.xmland the actual JavaScript file name you are using. - Do you see entries showing that both files were copied or installed successfully?
- In Event Viewer, please check:
Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > PrintServicePlease check bothAdminandOperationallogs, and confirm whether there is any event showing that the Bidi script was loaded, or any error related to the XML/JavaScript file.
If the XML or JavaScript file is not being installed or loaded, then
scriptContext.Log()will not appear and the JavaScript code will not run. - In your INF/manifest/INI file, are