Can't sign in my account - Azure Login Failure: Identity Verification Error (Phone Verification Failing with Code 399287)

Nghĩa Nhân 20 Reputation points
2026-06-09T14:37:27.8233333+00:00

Dear Microsoft Support Team,

     Mr.[@](/users/na/?userid=PII),
```I am blocked from accessing my Azure account due to a phone identity verification failure. When attempting to log in, I receive the error: _“Sorry, we’re having trouble verifying your account. Please try again.”_

__Critical Impact:__

- __Sole Administrator:__ This account is the __only global administrator__ for the tenant. I cannot log in to request an MFA reset or manage any active subscriptions.

__Phone Details:__ The registered number uses the __+84__ country code (Vietnam). I guarantee the number is active, functioning normally, and has no spam restrictions.

__Error Details:__

__Service:__ Microsoft Azure / Microsoft Entra ID

__Error Code:__ 399287

- __Request ID:__ 07e81217-2c58-4322-b101-4329f8742b00

- __Correlation Id:__ 278dc279-9b4e-4b7e-96a7-64bed9aa4755

Since I am the only admin, I am completely locked out of my services and cannot resolve this internally. I urgently need this escalated to the Data Protection / Security team to reset or bypass my MFA verification.

Thank you for your immediate assistance.

Best regards,

Nghia Nhan

#Microsoft Security  #Microsoft Entra #Microsoft Entra ID
Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra External ID

Answer accepted by question author
Rukmini 43,995 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-06-10T17:47:28.23+00:00

Hello @Nghĩa Nhân

Thank you for sharing your details(user's email address, tenant id, phone number, country code and country) with us over Private Message

I have reached out to the engineering team to unblock MFA for your account. They have now unblocked it from the backend and removed the bad reputation on it. You should be able to log in to the Azure Portal without any issues.

Please try logging in and check if you can complete SMS authentication without any errors. Let me know if you encounter any issues.

As a best practice, I recommend registering the Microsoft Authenticator method for your account instead of relying on SMS. SMS and voice call authentication methods are more vulnerable to IRSF attacks (telephony fraud) and are generally less secure.

For better practice, I recommend registering with Microsoft Authenticator method to your account instead of SMS method as these SMS/Voice telecom auth methods are susceptible to IRSF attacks telephony fraud.

I hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

If the resolution was helpful, kindly take a moment to click on 210246-screenshot-2021-12-10-121802.pngand click on Yes for was this answer helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.