Random computer crash when idle, what could the cause be?

LateNightCoffey 40 Reputation points
2026-06-09T00:34:41.03+00:00

Hello,

I have recently been having countinous crashes especially when idle, first few times there was no minidumps but I finally got one today after having two consecutive crashes. I was hoping someone could tell me exactly what the issue is so i can fix it and hopefully stop crashing! Thank you!

MINIDUMP

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NWO9jy9KCFzI_088PZnYPsXs4eLTVyU8/view?usp=sharing

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Answer accepted by question author
Lester Bernard Reyes 85,500 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-06-09T02:15:06.54+00:00

Hi, to remove an incompatible driver, kindly follow the steps below:

Press the Windows key + X, then click Terminal (Admin) or Windows PowerShell (Admin)

Copy, paste, and enter the command:

dism /online /get-drivers /format:table

Look for ViGEmBus.sys or a driver related to that, then uninstall using the command below:

pnputil /delete-driver oem5.inf /uninstall /force

Note: This is just an example command wherein the incompatible published name driver is “oem5.inf”, replace it depending on your incompatible driver.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.

5 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Lester Bernard Reyes 85,500 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-06-14T09:19:33.3666667+00:00

    You are always welcome, and I'm glad it is now all good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.