Hi Brett Gregory ,
Go to settings, apps, system components, phone link and use either reset or repair.
Those two processors are on my computer and that is normal.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Under sufferance, I am using Phone Link to communicate between my Laptop and Samsung S24 Ultra phone. When it works it is good, but too often it doesn't work properly. I tried Samsung Flow, but didn't like it (too finicky), and went back to Phone Link.
The latest glich with PL is that it will not open. When I click the icon in the task bar a small keylined window opens, I get the hour glass "waiting" for a few seconds, and then the keyline disappears. So, I want to uninstall it, and re-install.
The problem is that it cannot be find in the apps list, and so cannot be uninstalled. I tried going to the Microsoft Store to download it again, but instead of saying "Download" or "Install", it just says "Open", so obviously the website can see that it is still in the system somewhere, even though Settings can't! That's pretty damn bizarre.
I did a Laptop restart after I noticed that the Task Manager had a Phone Link task still running (which I terminated before the restart). I also notice that there is a task called Mobile Devices (2) running, and they are:
Microsoft Cross Device Service
and
Runtime Broker.
So, what to do please? Is this a Registry issue perhaps?
Hi Brett Gregory ,
Go to settings, apps, system components, phone link and use either reset or repair.
Those two processors are on my computer and that is normal.
That supplied Ai answer is useless: Phone Link cannot be found on any of the those lists to do any kind of reset.
AI answer
Phone Link is a system component in Windows 10/11 and cannot be uninstalled, which is why it does not appear in Apps & features and Microsoft Store only offers “Open”. The issue needs to be fixed by resetting and relinking rather than removing it.
Use the following steps to repair Phone Link and get it working again:
References: