HP SCANJet Pro 2000 S2 Wireless Compatiability Information DEAD WRONG on Copilot

Brad Waldman 20 Reputation points
2026-06-06T13:06:53.0133333+00:00

I am not happy!! I bought an HP ScanJet Pro 2000 S2 because when i did a search the co-pilot information stated:

HP ScanJet Pro 2000 s2 Wireless Compatibility

Yes — the HP ScanJet Pro 2000 s2 supports wireless networking in addition to USB 2.0 connectivity jonastechknowhow.com. This means you can connect it to your computer or mobile device without using a cable, as long as it’s on the same wireless network.

This is 100% inaccurate as there is no wi fi radio built in. So now I bought this on ebay and now I have this device and its useless for me because I now have to plug it in to PC via USB and i Need wireless connectivity. Very disappointed in Microsoft for this.

According to HP website the Connectivity is only USB 3.0 so even that information on CO-pilot is inaccurate which says 2.0.

I guess going forward I will do deeper searches via other avenues to avoid wasting money.

Brad

Microsoft Copilot | Other
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author

AI answer

2026-06-06T13:07:04.82+00:00

Copilot responses are generated from a mix of sources and can sometimes surface inaccurate or outdated third‑party information, especially about specific third‑party hardware models and their detailed specifications (such as wireless capability or exact USB version). The HP ScanJet Pro 2000 s2 wireless and USB 2.0 claims described are not from Microsoft’s own device catalog but from external content, and Copilot can reflect those inaccuracies.

For future hardware purchase decisions, do not rely on Copilot (or any AI assistant) as the sole source of truth for device specifications. Always confirm critical requirements such as wireless support, interface type, and OS compatibility directly on the manufacturer’s official product page or documentation before buying, especially from marketplaces like eBay where returns may be limited.

If the scanner is not suitable because it lacks wireless capability, options outside of Copilot’s scope would include checking the seller’s return/refund policy or using a separate network scanning/USB‑over‑network solution, but those details are not covered in the provided context.


References:

AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.