Hi, I'm John! I will help you with this.
To help narrow down the issue:
- What is the exact error message you see on the laptop? A screenshot would be helpful if possible.
- Is this a Microsoft account (Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live) or a third-party email account such as Gmail, Yahoo, or an ISP email?
- Are you using Outlook, the Mail app, or are you accessing your email through a web browser? Can you sign in to your email successfully through a web browser? If personal Outlook account try https://outlook.live.com/mail
- Are emails stuck in the Outbox on the laptop?
A password change can sometimes cause Outlook or other mail apps to stop syncing until the new credentials are entered. "I can't send or receive messages in Outlook" https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/i-can-t-send-or-receive-messages-in-outlook-97748418-bbd5-4743-a05b-581f22a466dd
If you're using Outlook on Windows, check the bottom-right corner of the Outlook window and let me know if it shows "Working Offline", "Disconnected", or "Trying to connect". "Troubleshoot Outlook email setup" https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot-outlook-email-setup-8da1fb2d-316b-4448-a7cd-f543dd083315