Internal speakers on ASUS Zenbook 14 OLED (UX3405MA) have no sound after windows update

Farglav 20 Reputation points
2026-06-04T19:04:15.3366667+00:00

Hi everyone, I am facing a frustrating audio issue on my ASUS Zenbook 14 OLED (UX3405MA) running Windows 11 64-bit. The internal speakers are completely silent, while Bluetooth audio via my headset works perfectly fine. This issue always triggers specifically after watching Netflix, followed by a Windows Update. The first time this happened last year, I managed to fix it by reinstalling the audio drivers from the ASUS website (https://www.asus.com/uk/laptops/for-home/zenbook/asus-zenbook-14-oled-ux3405/helpdesk_download/?model2Name=UX3405MA). However, after the most recent Windows Update, the sound disappeared completely, and none of the previous methods worked. When I run playback Realtek Audio, it results "Failed to play test tone."

I have already exhausted all standard troubleshooting steps, bios, uninstall Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology EOD, but it did not help.

Any advanced technical help would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Ivan B 124.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-06-04T19:48:00.73+00:00

Hi,

Access the device manager, take a screenshot, and post it here.

Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.