Global Admin Account Recovery for my Entra ID tenant

Nicole Kuonen 20 Reputation points
2026-06-03T09:01:35.6633333+00:00

Hello,

I need a Global Admin Account Recovery for my Entra ID tenant. I only have one Global Admin account. This account is locked behind MFA, and there are no alternate authentication methods, no custom domain, and no other admin accounts in the tenant. I am stock in a tenant lockout scenario and we need to recover access to our admin account.

I can try to login to MS 365 Admin center and it asks me to enter code from the authenticator App. When i go to the authenticator app, I see on the authenticator app its asks me to sign in, and when I try to do so, it accepts the password but again asks me to enter the code from the authenticator app.

I tried calling Microsoft support multiple times, but I can't get thru to an agent. The AI voice is not getting me the support I need and is not redirecting me to Data Protection Team to start the recovery process. I tried using different vocabulary, but it doesn't get, what I mean.

Is there any other way to contact the Data Protection Team?

Best regards,

Nicole

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Sridevi Machavarapu 33,820 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-06-03T09:14:42.9+00:00

Hello Nicole Kuonen,

The issue pertains to a tenant lockout, where no other global admin in the tenant has the necessary permissions to login and make changes in your tenant.

To resolve this, we have engaged our Data Protection team through a support ticket. They will reach out to you via email or phone to help restore access to the tenant and assist in resolving the issue.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.