Hello
I purchased Office 2019 with a perpetual license, and I fully understand that Microsoft has ended support for this version. That is not my concern.
What I find unacceptable is that every time I open Word, Excel, or another Office application, I am greeted with the following banner:
"Update available for Office. To get the latest security updates, fixes, and improvements, choose Check for Updates."
When I click "Check for Updates," Microsoft AutoUpdate informs me that an upgrade is required. In other words, there are no updates available for my version of Office—only a paid upgrade path.
I knowingly purchased Office 2019 with the understanding that support would eventually end. What I did not purchase was a permanent advertisement for a newer product displayed every time I launch an application that I already own.
Does anyone know how to permanently disable this banner? I am not interested in upgrading and do not need further reminders about it.
Alternatively, is there a direct Microsoft support channel where I can raise this issue and request a way to disable these upgrade prompts? It's impossible to find any contact...
Thanks...