Managing meetings and events using Outlook on the web for business
Hi Dan Snell,
Thanks for the clarification.
I’ve tested this in my environment and tried several configuration changes, but none of them affected the booking duration in Microsoft Places.
This appears to be a built-in UI behavior designed for quick, ad-hoc bookings. The most effective workaround for now is to create a meeting in Teams or Outlook, set it as an all-day event, and then add the room as the location.
Since this feature is quite new and it's in need for many upgrade. I believe this configuration could be greatly impacting to your workflow, I highly recommend submitting a suggestion directly to Ideas · Community. This is the most effective way to ensure your voice reaches the product team and can be considered for future improvements.
Once you've submitted your feedback, feel free to share the link here in the comments. I’ll be happy to upvote it to help bring more visibility.
Note: As Microsoft Community moderators, please note that we are not involved in product design decisions and do not have direct access to the development roadmap, we want to assure you that your feedback has been acknowledged and is valued.
In the meantime, if you see my replies bring helpful information, please kindly accept it as an answer and vote it up by your original account, which raised this question. Once marked, it will automatically pin to top. As other users will also search information in this community, your valuable vote up will definitely also help other users who have similar queries easily to find the correct channel and useful information more quickly.
I hope this provides enough clarity and helps you stay inform with your current situation.
Thank you for your patience and your understanding. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to share them in the comments on this post so I can continue to support you.
Note: Follow the steps in this documentation to enable email notifications if you want to receive email notifications related to this topic.