A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
Hi @Paige G,
Please notify me if I have misunderstood anything about your request. Based on your sharing, you can make both column D and E mirror each other highlight color by using Conditional Formatting using formula across both columns. You can try this setup to see if it works in your situation:
- For example, I select the range that I want to format is D1:E10 then go to Home > Conditional Formatting > Manage Rules > New Rule > Use a formula to determine which cells to format
- Add formula for yellow rule first =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("in progress", $E1)) > set the fill color to yellow > OK
- Repeat the same step to add a second rule for green color using this formula = $D1 = TRUE > set the fill color to green > OK
- Now go to Home > Conditional Formatting > Manage Rules > ensure Yellow rule is set above the Green rule so yellow can take priority based on your request and check the box of "Stop If True" on the yellow rule.
Hope my sharing would be helpful for your concern. If you have any questions or need any further clarification, please leave a comment here and I will be happy to continue to help you.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. I'm looking forward to your reply.
If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it.
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread