How to login to Azure with blocked account

Andreas Xiarchos 20 Reputation points
2026-06-02T15:18:51.17+00:00

When I try to login to Azure I get the following message. I dont remember ever using azure with my email but it seems I have and its now blocked due to inactivity. Microsoft support did not help, they redirected me to azure support, but I cant login there to submit a ticket. How can I reactivate my azure tenant? Or somehow release the email so I recreate it? I can login on microsoft account just fine, it just fails with the tenant.

Thanks

Sign-in failed

Error code: interaction_required

Error message: interaction_required: This tenant has been blocked due to inactivity

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Sridevi Machavarapu 33,820 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-06-02T15:22:39.29+00:00

Hello Andreas Xiarchos,

This issue will be resolved by signing in using the tenant-specific Azure portal URL and the tenant ID I have provided over the private messages tab:

https://portal.azure.com/<tenant-ID>

Once you accessed the portal through the tenant-scoped URL, the tenant became active again and you will be able to manage resources without further issues.

And the tenant will be restored successfully.

If this answers your query, do click 210246-screenshot-2021-12-10-121802.png and Yes for was this answer helpful, which may help members with similar questions. If you have any other questions, let me know in the “comments” and I would be happy to help you.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.