A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
You could use something like:
=IF(XLOOKUP("*",B1:F1,B1:F1,"",2)="Joe","Yes","No")
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello and thank you for any help you can provide.
I have a spreadsheet with 5 columns I want to analyze using a formula.
The cells may or may not contain data.
I am looking for a specific value(Joe), but I only want a Yes response if my value (Joe) is the first value to appear.
For instance:
If the values are Steve / Joe / Allan / Bill / Bob. Since Joe appears second (or anything but first), I want a "No".
If the values are Blank / Blank / Joe / Steve / Blank (or any order where Joe is the first non-blank value) I want a "Yes".
I hope this is clear.
Thanks,
Jill
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
You could use something like:
=IF(XLOOKUP("*",B1:F1,B1:F1,"",2)="Joe","Yes","No")