Word freezes

Søren Brøcker 20 Reputation points
2026-06-01T14:50:02.0333333+00:00

Whenever i click "Save As" the document freezes, and i have to start all over.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For business | Windows
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Kai-L 19,915 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-06-01T15:22:03.03+00:00

Dear @Søren Brøcker,

Good day, and I appreciate the clear explanation of your concern. I’m sorry to hear that Word freezes when you select Save As, especially when it causes you to lose your progress. The good news is that issues like this are often straightforward to fix. Please follow the steps below to see if this helps:

Repair Office

  1. Close all Office apps.
  2. Go to Windows Settings > Apps > Installed apps.
  3. Find Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Office > Click the three dots > Modify.
  4. Choose Online Repair > Run it.
  5. This can take 15–30 minutes. Restart your PC afterward.

For reference: Repair an Office application - Microsoft Support

I hope this information is helpful. Please try these steps and let me know whether they work for you. If the issue continues, feel free to reply in the comments and I will be glad to continue assisting you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I’m looking forward to your reply.


If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".  

Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread. 

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.