A cloud-based service included in Microsoft 365, delivering scalable messaging and collaboration features with simplified management and automatic updates.
Hi chris sunman
Please note that our forum is a public platform, and we will modify your question to hide your personal information in the description. Kindly ensure that you hide any personal or organizational information the next time you post an error or other details to protect personal data.
I would like to clarify that the Domains section in the Microsoft Admin Center is primarily used to connect and manage domains, and it is generally not responsible for domain hosting.
That said, since your error message includes SERVFAIL, I would highly recommend checking the domain status in the Admin Center here: https://admin.cloud.microsoft/?#/Domains
May I ask what status you are currently seeing there?
In addition, I would strongly suggest contacting your domain registrar or hosting provider to verify whether there have been any recent changes that could be affecting your domain.
Regarding your question about whether there have been any policy changes or any known issues, I have checked the Service Health dashboard at: https://admin.cloud.microsoft/?#/servicehealth and Microsoft service health status
At this time, there are no indications of any related service issues or changes that would explain this behavior.
I would also like to share that I have not found any official documentation confirming any recent changes related to this scenario so far.
Please note that we are not Microsoft support, and this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators and contributors, including external Microsoft employees, do not have backend access and cannot directly intervene in Microsoft products or features. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance and best practice recommendations based on reported issues, requests, or ideas.
I hope this provides some additional direction.
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.