WINDOWS 11 wifi issue

Just Get Good 40 Reputation points
2026-05-31T14:58:01.0166667+00:00

1000079281

so I did something dumb (I think)

and then the wifi suddenly disconnect and refuse to turn on I have tried

• reinstall/updating adapter in device manager

• network reset

• reenabled in the Services

Please help me I need to do my homework

Thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Internet and connectivity
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-05-31T15:32:50.95+00:00

1

I understand you have reset the network, please perform these steps in this order.

Click your Start Button, type cmd and choose Command Prompt

Run this command and hit Enter:

ipconfig /flushdns

Run this command and hit Enter:

ipconfig /registerdns

Run this command and hit Enter:

netsh winsock reset

Run this command and hit Enter:

netsh int ip reset

Close Command Prompt

Open the Settings App

Go to Network and Internet

Click the Network Reset button

Wait for your PC to automatically restart after 5 minutes, do not manually restart your PC.

2

If that does not resolve the problem.

You indicate you have reinstalled and updated the network drivers, did you just do that in Device Manager, or did you go to the support page for your PC on the manufacturers website to download and manually reinstall the version of WiFi (WLAN) drivers they provide.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.