Print dialog will not show Print individual pages.

Stev Wolf 70 Reputation points
2026-05-31T12:14:10.8066667+00:00

First let me say if this is not the right place to ask questions, then Im a little lost. I know that I have asked questions before but there are so many portals, and logins. I have no idea where I did athough it was helpfull . Anyway here is my problem.

When on windows 11 and I open a .txt file in W11 notepad and try to print it, it does not give me the option to print individual pages. E.G. page 2 or 4-5 something like that. 

However when I open the same file in notepad++ it does show the ablity to print all or individual pages.

Now if I open mspaint, a picture, it does show the normal print individual or all pages.

Very frustrating. Why doesnt w11 noteapd do this. Allow me to print individual pages. Eg page 2 or even say 4-5.

The only help I have seen is either to go back to win10 dialog. Which seems a step backward, and also turn off duplex. Which I did do but did not change anything.

Can anyone help me to print in W11 notepad so that I can print individual pages or a range of pages. 

Thank you. 

Below I will paste two pictures. One is of the dialog not showing the ability to print selected pages, the whole secotion is missiong but then the notepad++ showing it ??

Note on the next image "Pages" is missing. But on the last image pages exists, using Notepad ++

Printer no print individual pages

Printer notepad plus print individual pages

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings

Answer accepted by question author

AI answer

2026-05-31T12:14:21.3866667+00:00

Windows 11 Notepad does not currently expose page-range printing options (such as “page 2” or “4–5”) in the modern print dialog. Page selection in the Windows print UI is app-dependent: each app chooses which print options it supports and surfaces.

Notepad++ and Paint implement page-range support, so the Pages / Custom range control appears. Notepad does not, so that section is missing even though the same printer and Windows print dialog are used.

Because this behavior is by design for Notepad, there is no Windows setting or printer tweak that will add page-range printing to Notepad. To print specific pages from a text file, use one of these workarounds:

  1. Open the file in an app that supports page ranges (for example, Notepad++, Word, or another editor) and print from there.
  2. Copy the required text into a new document and print that document from Notepad.

If page-range printing in Notepad is important, the only way to change this would be a feature update from Microsoft; it cannot be enabled via current Windows 11 print settings.


References:

AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.