Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I was scammed and the scam involved using Microsoft Security's identity. I would like to see if I have to complete the form that you have at your website, or can I send you a copy of my report I will be sending to ReportFraud.ftc.gov and ic3.gov the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Divis I on.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 11
AI answer
For Microsoft, the correct way to report a tech support or identity-related scam is to submit the official online report form rather than emailing or sending copies of reports filed with other agencies.
To report a tech support scam or a scam abusing Microsoft’s name or products:
If identity theft is involved (for example, personal or financial data was misused), also follow the identity-theft guidance:
For live assistance or chat:
Also consider notifying your bank or financial institutions if any payments were made or account details exposed.
References:
Thanks for your assistance and suggestions on how to handle my issue. I have already completed the majority of your suggestions and only need to file the three reports I indicated in my previous answer. Just waiting for my computer to get back up and running.
Thanks Barbara King
I guess you answered my question, but that means that I have to write/complete three very lengthy reports, instead of being able to just write one very concise report and copying it to all recipients. Thanks for your trouble and I will be completing your Fraud report via Microsoft's Fraud reporting method as soon as I can start using my wi-fi and computer again, (My network was hacked including my computer and phone.) My son has re-secured my phone by doing a complete reset and this phone is what I have been using to get ALL my accounts and personal information re-secured.
Because of this, I'm running out of data minutes on my phone, and will complete all three reports as soon as my son can "WIPE" my computer. Hopefully today.
Thanks --Barbara King