I was wondering if anyone had a sense that this is an issue that Microsoft is getting involved with, given that Word is the dominate word processing software in America. There is massive churn in the publishing world where some authors are okay with using AI and some are ardently against it. A lot of readers are rabidly against it. Regardless of your feelings about that issue, this creates a problem where sometimes there are accusations that someone has used AI to write but not disclosed it. I don't want to get into a debate about whether or not people should be using AI to write and all that. The problem is that people are using AI detection software that is bad and there doesn't appear to be anything better. Those work by examining the content of the written work, rather than HOW it was written. None of them appear to be any good, and there is also the massive problem that within the writing world, many of us --myself included--had all of our published work stolen to train AIs, which means that our likeness is inside them. Currently the "best" we have is this bad AI detection software, and the Authors Guild, which allows you to register (on the honor system...) saying that you did not use AI. I am an idiot with no programming background trying to vibe code to get some form of human-written authentication. It seems like someone smarter than me could easily do this with things like timestamps and looking at human behavior in typing. Hello, Microsoft should be doing this. I realize it is at odds with them pushing Copilot but 1) I would pay extra for this service 2) whether you like or not there are writers who are never, ever going to use Copilot. Why not play to both sides?