System tray icons disappeared

Ilija Pravilovic 25 Reputation points
2026-05-29T11:40:56.58+00:00

Hi,

My icons from the right side of the taskbar are missing. I can't see any settings in taskbar behaviour or Time & date to return them back. I tried restarting windows explorer, run explorer shell, cleared cashe items from TrayNotify and nothing helps. When I install the latest updates, I must use bitlocker to switch on my computer. Anyone had similar experience?

Thanks

Ilija

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Display and graphics

Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 935.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-05-29T12:15:10.9033333+00:00

Are all icons on the system tray on the right side of your taskbar missing, please provide a screenshot of the problem, this is most likely caused by a Windows update.

Open the Settings app, go to Windows Update - Update History, what is the KB number of the latest Windows updates installed on your system.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.