Writing a Formula in Excel to search data on one sheet to copy to another

Richard Keenan 20 Reputation points
2026-05-28T17:07:43.0833333+00:00

Using the following information; how do I write a formula to search a column on one sheet, if the date entered into any of the cells in that column meet todays date or are three months from today, copy that rows information to a new sheet?

Sheet to search: TRW

Column to Search: E

Data Range on Sheet: A2:E22

Filter for: = to todays date or 3 months in the future

Sheet to transfer to is: Due

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows

Answer accepted by question author
Hendrix-C 20,015 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-05-28T17:58:46.1633333+00:00

Hi @Richard Keenan,

Please notify me if I have misunderstood anything about your situation.

  • Based on your sharing, I created a sample data like this

User's image

  • Then I go to the Due sheet and input the formula into cell A2 =FILTER(TRW!A2:E22,(TRW!E2:E22>=TODAY())*(TRW!E2:E22<=EDATE(TODAY(),3)), "No matching dates"). It will return full matching rows where the date is equal today's date or within 3 months from today.

User's image

  • If your expected outcome is return rows where date is equal today and equal to the date 3 months from today (exact 3-month date, not within 3 months) only, use this formula instead =FILTER(TRW!A2:E22,(TRW!E2:E22=TODAY())+(TRW!E2:E22=EDATE(TODAY(),3)), "No matching dates")

User's image

Hope my sharing may be helpful for your concern. If you have any questions or need any further clarification, please leave a comment here and I will be happy to continue to help you.  

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I'm looking forward to your reply. 


If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it.

Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.