Excel for Desktop "See just mine" showing for everyone upon document closure

Elephantom 25 Reputation points
2026-05-28T15:44:34.3333333+00:00

Hi all, I saw that Excel online/Teams recently updated to refine the View options when sorting/filtering. The default is now a personal view, with extra action needed to apply it for everyone. That's great, but the desktop app still asks the old way, and when "See just mine" is selected, it looks and acts like it's a personal view, until the document is closed. At that point, it applies that view for everyone, forces all users currently in the document into their own personal view, and there's no way easily undo it since the document has been closed.

I reported this to my IT department, and they told me they "don't manage desktop or web applications"... I'm unsure if this is just a lagging update on our end (government platform) or if it's a widespread issue. Microsoft Feedback is disabled by IT within the Office programs and they refused to report it themselves, so here I am.

Thanks!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Hendrix-C 20,015 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-05-28T19:49:55.82+00:00

Hi @Elephantom,

Based on your sharing, I have researched through Microsoft product help and other official information sources and found out there are public reports describing the same behavior as you experienced that the workbook’s default view ends up changing to someone’s “temporary” view after certain co-authoring sequences in the desktop app opened from Teams. You can read that customer experience sharing in this thread Excel File Shared on Teams - Filter "See just mine" - Microsoft Q&A.

However, there is no Microsoft help article/documentation or announcement found that clearly addresses or explains this issue. I have also tried to reproduce the problem you are experiencing, but unfortunately, I'm very sorry that I couldn't provide any further details or insights into this behavior or the problem causing it.

That said, even though Microsoft Feedback is disabled within your apps, you still be able to feedback this concern directly to Microsoft via Microsoft 365 Feedback Hub → Send Feedback and describe your situation in detail. This is the most effective way to ensure your feedback reaches the product team and there will be future updates regarding the issue.  

Once you've submitted your feedback, feel free to share the link here in the comments. I’ll be happy to upvote it to help bring more visibility and ensure your feedback gets the attention it deserves.

I really appreciate your time bringing up this concern. I'm sure there are other users who have been in the same situation but don't know where to send their feedback, so hopefully you will click YES under this post if you can. This will help pin the post to the top, making it easier for other users who may be experiencing the same issue to find your post, understand the context, and support your feedback. The more upvotes received, the more visibility it has and increases the chance to be prioritized for future updates as soon as possible.

Once again, thank you for raising up this usability concern. If you have any questions or need any further clarification, please leave a comment here and I will be happy to continue to help you.  

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Hope to hear from you soon.


Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.