Global Admin Locked out

Mufaddal Kantawala 25 Reputation points
2026-05-28T09:22:56.55+00:00

Hi, I’m locked out of my personal Azure account because my phone with the Authenticator app was reset, and I no longer have access to the Authenticator App

I’m the only Global Administrator. MFA is required, and my only registered method was Microsoft Authenticator, which I can no longer use.

I know the password, but I can’t complete MFA, and I don’t have any other verification methods.

Because of this, I am unable to sign in to Azure Portal

Could a moderator please escalate this to Microsoft Support (Data Protection / Tenant Recovery) so they can verify ownership and help reset MFA registration? @VEMULA SRISAI Please help,I saw your comment on someone's post with the same issue.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Answer accepted by question author
Rukmini 43,995 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-05-28T12:57:10.24+00:00

Hello @Mufaddal Kantawala

As discussed over private messages, you were able to reset MFA by logging into https://admin.cloud.microsoft.com from an inprivate window and with the steps shared offline

If the resolution was helpful, kindly take a moment to click on 210246-screenshot-2021-12-10-121802.pngand click on Yes for was this answer helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.