Comparing two columns vales from filtered table and original table and decide the values are present or not.

santosh chaturvedi 0 Reputation points
2026-05-27T16:09:28.03+00:00

Hello all

Here is one situation:

I have to make a check cell of comparing two columns of filtered table (red & blue columns) with its its mother data table (red & white).

And want to make decision that the two columns value from mother table is included in filtered table or not.

Example :

Mother table > User's image

Filtered table (without zeros): User's image

Formula req: if(VAlues of two columns from Filtered table (without zeros) in included from mother table), "OK","NOTOK")

________----------------------------------------

Filtered table is shown below.

User's image

Mother table is shown below.

User's image

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Other

Answer recommended by moderator
Chaturvedi, Santosh 430 Reputation points
2026-06-02T12:54:11.85+00:00

Hello Greetings Hendrix > Many thanks for clarifications provided.

Moving further ..

I am searching a solution for this case.

I cannot able to attach the excel sheet as your system is not allowing it, : The image is shown below.

..............................................................

  1. See cell i5 > it shows ( [σa ] → 0.25, 0.75,1.8... 50) and ([σm ]↓ =27.5,20.5,19.5....30.5)
  2. I need to Filter the data in column A,B,C with following requirements.

..............................................................

  1. In column A6 - A41 : The values of [σa ] → 0.25 shall come. ( see example is shown)
  2. In column B6 - B41 : The values of I6-I41 shall come.
  3. In column C6 - C41 : The values of J6-J41 shall come that shall not contain zeros. ........................................................

The same will be repeated for [σa ] → 0.75 0.75,1.8... 50,..... which will be sequenced below the table of [σa ] → 0.25, see image below.

  1. In column A42 - A77 : The values of [σa ] → 0.75 shall come. see example is shown
  2. In column B42 - B77 : The values of I6-I41 shall come.
  3. In column C42 - C77 : The values of J6-J41 shall come that shall not contain zeros. ........................................................

The same will be repeated for [σa ] → 1.8...........26 located in row 5

--> (See A78, B78m C78 for message)

.......................................................

I am attaching the excel sheet for more information with markings

User's image

User's image

Was this answer helpful?


8 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. santosh chaturvedi 0 Reputation points
    2026-05-28T12:15:24.3466667+00:00

    how to hide columns in table with all zero values

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. IlirU 2,651 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-05-28T09:06:01.51+00:00

    User's image

    Hi @santosh chaturvedi

    See the screenshot above and apply this formula in cell L8.

    =IF(K8:K43 = 0, "", BYROW(G8:K43, LAMBDA(a, IF(BYCOL(BYROW(A8:E38 = a, AND), OR), "OK", "NOT OK"))))
    
    

    Change the range in formula as per you need.

    HTH

    IlirU

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Hendrix-C 20,015 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-05-27T21:07:23.32+00:00

    Hi @santosh chaturvedi,

    I understand this way based on the information you shared, so if I have misunderstood anything about your request, please let me know.

    Based on your screenshot, I have recreated two sample mother and filtered data tables like this:

    User's image

    Based on your requirement "if(VAlues of two columns from Filtered table (without zeros) in included from mother table), "OK","NOTOK")", in cell H3, you can use this formula then copy paste it down: =IF(G3=0,"",IF(COUNTIFS($A$3:$A$33,F3,$B$3:$B$33,G3)>0,"OK","NOTOK"))

    User's image

    If this is not your goal, please share a sample of your expected outcome so I can clearly understand your request and provide a more appropriate guidance for your concern.

    If you have any questions or need any further clarification, please leave a comment here and I will be happy to continue to help you.  

    Thank you for your patience and understanding. I'm looking forward to your reply. 


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it.

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. santosh chaturvedi 0 Reputation points
    2026-05-27T16:12:20.2866667+00:00

    Is that the vedio of this process is avaailable

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.