How to fix AADSTS5000225: This tenant has been blocked due to inactivity

HimanshuPandya-5224 35 Reputation points
2026-05-27T10:32:46.24+00:00

I created an Azure account a few years ago and haven't used it since. Looks like my tenant got blocked/deleted due to inactivity. Now when I try to login to portal.azure.com with my existing Microsoft account, I'm getting this error:

Error code: AADSTS5000225 - This tenant has been blocked due to inactivity.

Sign-in failed

Error code: interaction_required (This tenant has been blocked due to inactivity.)

Error message: interaction_required: AADSTS5000225: This tenant has been blocked due to inactivity. To learn more about tenant lifecycle policies, see https://aka.ms/TenantLifecycle

  • Trace ID: ebc0265f-4755-4d04-a4cf-26af1eb53c00
  • Correlation ID: 019e690d-4bd7-750a-919f-81ea7e8ecb56
  • Timestamp: 2026-05-27 10:48:59Z

I don't want to recover the old tenant or any data. I just want the old tenant removed from my account so I can create a new Azure subscription with the same email.

Also tried signing up for Pay-As-You-Go with the same account but getting the same error there too. Since I can't login to the portal, I'm unable to raise a support request from there either.

Can you please help detach/clear the blocked tenant from my account?

Thanks

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Answer accepted by question author
Rukmini 43,995 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-05-27T11:15:20.6133333+00:00

Hello @Himanshu Pandya As discussed over private messages, please login to Azure with the tenant specific endpoint and pass the tenant ID I provided.

https://portal.azure.com/TenantID

And you will be able to access Azure portal.

If the resolution was helpful, kindly take a moment to click on 210246-screenshot-2021-12-10-121802.pngand click on Yes for was this answer helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.