mdatp package update

Charles MICHALSKI 0 Reputation points
2026-05-26T07:59:38.18+00:00

When is the mdatp package release date for fedora 44 ?

We use it and it isn't released yet after 2 month of fedora 44 release.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Defender | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Konstantinos Lianos 830 Reputation points Student Ambassador
    2026-05-27T12:17:05.6233333+00:00

    Hi @Charles MICHALSKI ,
    I get the frustration. Fedora moves quickly, and the Defender package usually doesn’t seem to land at the same pace.

    At the moment, I don’t see Fedora 44 listed as supported. The current Microsoft prerequisites page lists Fedora support only up to Fedora 42, and it also says versions not explicitly listed are outside the supported baseline.

    So I wouldn’t assume there’s anything wrong on your side. It looks more like Microsoft simply hasn’t published/validated the Fedora 44 package yet.

    For a lab machine, you might be able to experiment with a nearby repo, but I wouldn’t do that on production endpoints unless Microsoft Support confirms it. For production, the safest route is to stay on a supported Fedora version or use another supported distro until Fedora 44 is officially added.

    I agree it would be helpful if Microsoft published a clearer per-distro timeline for mdatp, especially for fast-moving distros like Fedora.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.