file explorer my preview pane does not open all the way.

Lucy R 20 Reputation points
2026-05-23T20:59:43.0533333+00:00

When I am in File Explorer, my preview pane does not open all the way. As you can see here, there are three pages, and unless I shrink/minimize the page, I can't see the document, and it only shows 3/4 of the screen. I have tried all the usual help options, even cleaning the disk, uninstalling the app, and re-installing. Nothing has helped. Any help?

User's image

This is what it looks like when I minimize the screen

User's image

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
SD - IA 180.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-05-24T14:17:22.3233333+00:00

I also see PDFPro7hook.exe.

This is the one. Could you please uninstall and verify?

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

4 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. SD - IA 180.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-05-25T02:54:11.73+00:00

    Awesome! I was glad I was able to help you.

    If your problem is resolved, please take a moment to rate the answer. Wishing you good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. SD - IA 180.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-05-23T22:26:27.1533333+00:00

    Alright. Could you please go to Settings app > Apps > Installed apps, and see if there is any other PDF reader installed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  3. SD - IA 180.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-05-23T22:07:22.28+00:00

    I appreciate the reply. The file explorer preview pane looks like this - See there are no buttons like in your screenshot.

    User's image

    May I know if you are using Foxit PDF reader?

    Was this answer helpful?


  4. SD - IA 180.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-05-23T21:43:51.19+00:00

    Hi Lucy,

    This is because you are using a 3rd party program to preview PDF files in the file explorer, which might be incompatible.

    May I know which program is your default PDF viewer?

    If you want to use a simple PDF viewer, Powertoys is a good option:

    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/powertoys/file-explorer

    https://aka.ms/get-powertoys

    I’m eager to hear back and work together to find a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.