Unaccountably, Settings and 3rd submenu very slow, very ...

Jack 2 Poore 165 Reputation points
2026-05-22T23:24:08.9933333+00:00

I have a win 10 Pro pc. It's been running great guns ... for me and my needs. I keep it clean and protected as many ways I can since last October we got orphaned. But now for some reason when I click on Settings>Accounts (fine) but when I click on Sign In Options (or I guess any other submenu) It's real slow. I have used cmd to restore or renew or whatever the below will do there. Restarted and still this persists. I don't know why? After running the below there was a lot of RED but it finished. I used Powershell (Admin) is there a more powerful cmd admin? I used the AI suggestion. It didn't work. I thought I had attached a png with all my pc info. Version 22H2

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Windows for home | Other | Performance and system failures
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
John DeV 170.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-05-23T03:08:32.11+00:00

Hi, good day!

  • When was the last time it worked properly?
  • Have you made any changes to your computer recently?

Please let me know if you have tried the methods below.

  • Restart Windows Explorer

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.

Select the Processes tab.

Scroll down and select Windows Explorer, Right click then select Restart.

  • Please try to run SFC and DISM to check for any system errors and corrupted files.

https://support.microsoft.com/windows/using-system-file-checker-in-windows-365e0031-36b1-6031-f804-8fd86e0ef4ca

After that, restart your computer

  • Reset the Settings app

Press Start then right click Settings

Select App settings

Click Terminate > Repair > Reset

  • Re-register Settings app and built-in apps via PowerShell

Windows key+X then select Windows Terminal (Admin)

Copy and paste the command below then press Enter.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name windows.immersivecontrolpanel | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

I look forward to receiving your update and I'm willing to collaborate with you till we resolve the issue. Do keep me informed by clicking "Add comment" below instead of Yes or No button.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.