I want my background to remain a solid color, no theme. I have changed this in the personalization settings but it keeps going back to a picture slideshow theme I don't want. How do I make it stay a

David Michaels 20 Reputation points
2026-05-22T20:06:00.5366667+00:00

I want my background to remain a solid colour, no theme. I have changed this in the personalisation settings, but it keeps going back to a picture slideshow theme I don't want. How do I make it stay a solid colour?


Moderator: Moved from System Center Service Manager

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Desktop, Start, and personalization | Desktop
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Ben4724 4,645 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-05-22T22:00:06.35+00:00

Hi there!

With regards to your concern. You also need to check some settings on your Windows after selecting a "Solid Colour" as your background. Let us start with this:

Open Settings → Personalization → Background

  1. Under Personalize your background, select Solid color
  2. Choose the color you want

Then go to: Go to Settings → Accounts → Windows backup

  1. Turn Remember my preferences OFF, or turn OFF Personalization

Other details to customize your background is also available on the Microsoft support page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-the-desktop-background-in-windows-4a33c533-b71e-447e-b021-a27df2678938?utm_source=chatgpt.com

I hope this helps somehow but feel free to post back if you have other questions and we fellow members will do our best to help.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.