Anthropic model Claude Opus 4.6 deployment fails every time in Microsoft Foundry

Panagiotis Tzedakis 47 Reputation points
2026-05-21T12:04:03.53+00:00

Hi everyone,

I am working on a project where we have to create a Foundry account, Foundry project and deploy Anthropic model Claude Opus 4.6 (GlobalStandard, 40K TPM).

I have the Contributor role in a new PAYG (Pay-as-you-go) Azure subscription and Marketplace access is enabled for the subscription. I navigate to Microsoft Foundry web site (https://ai.azure.com/<tenant>) and create a project in Azure region Sweden Central. Then, I clicke on Discover, find the Anthropic model Claude Opus 4.6 and I start the model deployment using the default settings. After a few minutes the model deployment reports status Failed without giving me any more context with regards to the exact reason it failed.

I have tried the exact same thing on another subscription and it works without any issues.

I am lost. Can anyone please help me locate the issue?

Foundry Models
Foundry Models

A catalog of AI models in Microsoft Foundry that you can discover, compare, and deploy using Azure’s built‑in tools for evaluation, fine‑tuning, and inference


Answer accepted by question author
kagiyama yutaka 5,570 Reputation points
2026-05-23T13:53:06.57+00:00

I think region, Contributor on the Foundry resource group, the Anthropic Marketplace offer being allowed, and that the subscription can allocate the Anthropic GlobalStandard quota. If the quota is zero, the deployment just fails with no extra detail.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

1 additional answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. SRILAKSHMI C 19,735 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-05-26T17:23:40.2+00:00

    Hi @Panagiotis Tzedakis

    Thank you for the additional details.

    What Yutaka mentioned is correct for Anthropic Global Standard deployments, there are two separate layers involved:

    1. The quota visible within Azure AI Foundry

    The backend subscription/regional quota allocation required by the Azure OpenAI service

    In some cases, the Foundry UI may display available TPM quota, but the backend provider enablement or regional capacity allocation for the subscription may not yet be fully provisioned. This can result in deployments failing without a detailed validation message.

    Since:

    The same deployment succeeds in another subscription

    Marketplace access is already enabled

    You had visible quota prior to deployment

    The quota changes after deployment attempts

    this may indicate a backend quota allocation or provider onboarding issue for the subscription.

    At this stage, we are checking this internally with the engineering team to verify:

    • Subscription-level Anthropic enablement
    • Regional quota allocation for Sweden Central
    • Backend deployment validation logs

    As a temporary workaround, you may also test:

    A smaller TPM deployment

    Another supported region

    Recreating the deployment after a few minutes in case quota propagation is still in progress

    We’ll investigating this from our side and share updates as soon as we have more information.

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.