I tried contacting Microsoft Support and it states the following on the helper you have to fill out:
To protect your account and its contents, our support agents are not allowed to send password reset links, or access and change account details.
Our support agents cannot provide help any more than the password reset form.
If you are not able to successfully recover your account, the only alternative is to Create a new account.
The form cannot help if you have two-step verification because no one, including our support advocates, can access your account without the secondary security information.
I am still locked out and unable to contact support. The form I filled out did not specify whether it was for my work or personal account, and said it would not work if I have two-step verification. In addition, it was for resetting my password, not my verification code.
