Lost authenticator for Microsoft Entra

Ryan Luu 20 Reputation points
2026-05-17T20:30:31.0066667+00:00

I recently lost the authenticator for my Entra account, and find myself unable to access anything. I am the only tenant, so no one else can reset me.

When I log in, it says to either Approve a request on my Microsoft Authenticator app or to Use a verification code, which I am unable to do because I lost the authenticator.

I tried calling customer service phone numbers, but they prompted me to get support online, which I can't because I can't log in to my account to create a case.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Answer accepted by question author
Shubham Sharma 17,930 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-06-01T06:49:48.25+00:00

Ryan Luu

Thank you for your patience

We engaged with the Microsoft Data Protection team we have received the confirmation that your MFA issue has been resolved now. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Q&A!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.