MS-102 Exam passed

Zakhele Ngobeni 40 Reputation points
2026-03-17T14:54:10.7033333+00:00

Good day, I have written my MS-102 exam and passed but have not received the certification yet. I have not written the prerequisite exams, what are my options? someone said I have 12 months to write the prerequisite exam before I can earn my MS-102 certificate. is this true?

Community Center | Not monitored

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Julian Sharp 44,201 Reputation points
2026-03-17T15:17:07.5833333+00:00

The MS-102 exam is only part of the requirements for the Microsoft 365 Administrator Expert certification. You must also hold one of the prerequisite active associate certifications. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/credentials/certifications/m365-administrator-expert/#certification-prerequisites

Exams do not expire so there is no 12-month limit, so you have been misinformed. However, exams can be retired, the certification itself can be retired, and the prerequisite certifications can be changed. In fact, MS-102 replaced MS-100/101 and the prerequisites for the Microsoft 365 Administration certification have changed several times over the past few years. So you need to take one of the prerequisite exams asap.

With the focus to AI and Copilot, Microsoft is retiring many exams and certifications this year (https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/blog/skills-hub-blog/the-ai-job-boom-is-here-are-you-ready-to-showcase-your-skills/4494128) although nothing has yet been announced regarding the Modern Work certifications.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest