Incorrect Exam Registration (AI-900 instead of AZ-900) - Case Number # 36279225

Emma-9279 0 Reputation points
2026-03-16T12:09:26.48+00:00

Dear Support Team,

I am writing to request your assistance regarding an incorrect exam registration and a subsequent refund, as advised by your support staff.

Upon starting my exam today at 12:00 PM (Amsterdam time), I realized that I had mistakenly registered for the AI-900 exam instead of the AZ-900 exam. I immediately spoke with the proctor about this mistake. I mentioned that I could perhaps just try taking the AI-900 exam anyway, but she advised against it. She indicated that it would be better to close the exam session, obtain a case number, and contact support to request a refund so I could schedule the correct AZ-900 exam.

She then closed my exam session and provided me with the following case number: 36279225**.**

Could you please assist me with processing the refund for the AI-900 exam based on this case number, so that I can proceed to schedule the AZ-900 exam?

Thank you very much in advance for your time and help.

Sincerely,

Emma Braam

Community Center | Not monitored
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. AI answer

    2026-03-16T12:09:40.8333333+00:00

    Refunds or changes for Microsoft Certification exams, including AI-900 and AZ-900, cannot be processed from this channel.

    For this scenario (wrong exam registered and a case number already provided by the proctor), the next step is to contact Microsoft Credentials Support directly and provide the case number 36279225 so they can review and assist with the refund or rescheduling options for the AI-900 exam and help schedule AZ-900:

    1. Go to Credentials Support: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/credentials/support/help
    2. Submit a support request, including:
      • Exam details (AI-900, date/time, delivery method).
      • The case number given by the proctor (36279225).
      • A clear description that the wrong exam (AI-900) was scheduled instead of AZ-900 and the proctor closed the session and advised to request a refund.

    The Credentials Support team is the only channel that can access exam records, validate the case, and determine eligibility for a refund or voucher reinstatement.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.