I need to cancel Copilot from an expired email account that I no longer have access to

Jack Gibson 0 Reputation points
2026-03-13T17:57:55.39+00:00

I accidentally signed up for Copilot using an outdated account. I no longer have access to the email it is associated with. How can I cancel it?

Microsoft Copilot | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-03-13T17:58:06.2433333+00:00

    Cancellation of a Copilot Pro subscription requires access to the Microsoft account that owns the subscription. Without access to that account, the subscription cannot be managed or canceled directly through Microsoft.

    If the account is inaccessible (for example, the email is expired and credentials are unknown), the practical option is to stop payment at the payment provider:

    1. Contact the bank or credit card issuer used for the Copilot Pro purchase.
    2. Ask them to block or dispute further recurring charges from Microsoft for this subscription.

    This approach is recommended when account ownership cannot be proven or the account cannot be accessed, because Microsoft support will not bypass account security without proper verification.

    If access to the Microsoft account can be recovered (for example, via account recovery flows), then:

    1. Go to the Microsoft account Services & subscriptions page for that account: https://account.microsoft.com/services
    2. Find the Copilot Pro subscription and select Manage.
    3. Select Cancel and follow the prompts.
    4. If outside the refund window, instead turn off recurring billing so it will not renew.

    For subscriptions purchased through Google Play or Apple App Store, cancellation and refunds must be handled through their respective support channels.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.