Need to recover or merge Microsoft certification profile (MCID)

Tony Bryant 0 Reputation points
2026-03-13T13:04:04.2266667+00:00

I no longer have access to, or remember, the account I used when I obtained my MCP. I have created a new Learn account, but how can I get my MCP added to it. I have a copy of the cert with the Certification number on it and date received.

Community Center | Not monitored
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-03-13T13:04:21.04+00:00

    MCID and the old standalone Certification Profile have been retired. Certification history is now tied to the Microsoft Learn profile and identified by the Learn Username, not MCID.

    Because access to a Learn profile and its certifications depends entirely on being able to sign in with at least one of the original login accounts, and Microsoft Credentials Support cannot recover or transfer data from a profile that cannot be accessed, the only supported paths are:

    1. Attempt to recover the original login account used with the old certification profile:
    2. If the old account is successfully recovered and you can sign in to the corresponding Learn profile, you can then:
      • Add your current preferred account as an additional login to that Learn profile (Profile Settings → Account Management → Add login account).
      • This will merge data if the added login is already associated with another Learn profile, consolidating certifications into a single profile.
    3. If the original login account cannot be recovered at all, Microsoft Credentials Support cannot move or re‑attach the historical MCP/MCID data to the new Learn account. In that case, the legacy certification data on the inaccessible profile cannot be added to the new Learn profile.

    For any remaining questions about historical MCP records, open a case with Certification Support using the guidance under “How can I contact Certification Support?” and have the Learn Username of any accessible profile and any exam details available.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.