Subject: Request for Exam Reschedule / Waiver – AZ-104 Exam Missed Due to Family Emergency

Tarun Pathak 0 Reputation points
2026-03-13T09:16:41.46+00:00

Dear Microsoft Certification Support Team,

I hope you are doing well.

I am writing to request your help regarding my AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator exam. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend my scheduled exam because my father was suddenly hospitalized due to a medical emergency. During this difficult time, my priority was taking care of him and my family.

Because of this situation, I was not able to reschedule the exam before the deadline and I also could not attend the exam on the scheduled date.

I sincerely request your understanding and support in this matter. If possible, please consider allowing me to reschedule the exam or provide a waiver so that I can take the exam again. At the moment, I am not in a financial position to pay the exam fee again.

I have been preparing seriously for this certification and it is very important for my career. I would be extremely grateful if you could help me with a reschedule or retake opportunity.

Azure | Azure Training
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-03-13T09:17:00.8466667+00:00

    Exam reschedule and fee waivers are only defined in the documented policies and do not include exceptions for personal or family emergencies.

    Key points from the current policies:

    1. Reschedule and cancellation window
      • Exam appointments must be rescheduled or cancelled at least 24 hours before the scheduled time.
      • If an exam is cancelled or rescheduled with less than 24 hours’ notice, or if there is a no-show, the entire exam fee (or voucher) is forfeited.
      • This applies to regular paid exams and to most promotional/free exam offers.
    2. When fees are waived
      • Microsoft and Pearson VUE temporarily waived reschedule and cancellation fees during specific COVID-19 periods, but the requirement to act before the 24‑hour deadline still applies.
      • Outside those defined conditions, the policies do not provide for fee waivers or free retakes due to emergencies or financial hardship.
    3. Retake waiting-period waivers
      • The only documented waiver is for the retake waiting period, and only if:
        • The exam was disrupted by internet connectivity issues or equipment failure, and
        • A Pearson VUE case was created during that incident.
      • This does not apply to missed exams; it only shortens the wait between attempts when a technical failure occurred.
    4. What to do next
      • To explore any possible exception or assistance, open a ticket with Microsoft Credentials Support so the dedicated certification team can review the case and confirm options based on the official policies:
        • Use the Microsoft Credentials Support / Learning portal described in the Q&A references (sign in, select Product Family: Learning and Service: Microsoft Credential, then submit a support request).
      • If the exam was scheduled through Pearson VUE, Pearson VUE Customer Support can confirm what happened with the original appointment and any voucher status.

    Only the official support channels can review account-specific details (exam history, vouchers, promotions) and determine if any accommodation beyond the standard policy is possible.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.