I need to transfer my Certificate credentials from my company work account to my personal account

Jayanth Prabhakar 0 Reputation points
2026-03-06T17:07:37.07+00:00

Hello,

I am attempting to merge my Microsoft Learn profiles. I want to transfer my certifications from my work account (******@skalabletech.com) to my personal account.

When I attempt to "Add Account" in my personal profile settings (From my personal learn account), I receive the following error: "You can only have one personal account linked. ******@skalabletech.com is a personal account. Please select a school or work account."

My company created this email address, but it seems to be recognized as a Personal Microsoft Account (MSA) by the system. Since I cannot link two personal accounts to one profile, I need assistance manually merging these two accounts, so I don't lose my badges and certificates.

Please let me know what information you need in a Private Message to facilitate this merge. Thank you!

Community Center | Not monitored
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-03-06T17:07:51.3233333+00:00

    Microsoft Learn does not support manually merging two personal Microsoft accounts (MSAs), and only one personal account can be linked to a single Learn profile. Work or school accounts can be added in addition to that one personal account, but a second MSA cannot.

    In this situation, the system is treating the @skalabletech.com address as a personal Microsoft account rather than as a work/school (organizational) account. Because of that, it cannot be added as an additional login to the personal Learn profile, and support cannot override this limitation by manually merging the two MSAs.

    The only supported merge path is:

    • A Learn profile that has one personal account may add up to five organizational (work or school) accounts.
    • Adding a login account that is already associated with a different Learn profile triggers an automatic profile merge, but this requires that the added account be recognized as a work/school account when the primary is personal (or vice versa).

    Since @skalabletech.com is classified as a personal account, it cannot be used in that organizational slot, and therefore the certifications on that profile cannot be merged into the personal profile via the standard Learn merge mechanism.

    To retain access to the certifications and badges currently on the @skalabletech.com profile, continue to sign in with that account. For future-proofing, ensure that at least one Learn profile has a valid personal Microsoft account attached so that access is not lost if organizational access changes.

    For any further assistance with account classification or access issues, use the Microsoft account self‑service help and, if needed, contact support via the general Microsoft account or credentials support channels referenced below.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.