Can no longer add text to a photo

Marsha Davey 0 Reputation points
2026-03-05T17:34:29.75+00:00

I started using Microsoft Designer in January 2026 on my home computer which is Windows 10.

I am scanning photos and adding text to them. It was working just fine until March 4, 2026.

Now when I try to add text the text box disappears. I have also tried on my laptop which is Windows 11, and it does the same thing there. I have tried every idea suggested on the web, no change.

Will this be fixed or is there an older version of Microsoft Designer that I can install on my computers?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Apps

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-03-05T17:34:41.4+00:00

    Microsoft Designer is a cloud service that is accessed through the browser or integrated in other Microsoft apps; it is not installed or versioned locally in a way that allows rolling back to an older release on Windows 10 or Windows 11. There is no supported way to install an older version of Designer on a PC.

    Designer is provided for personal use with a Microsoft account and is updated by Microsoft on the service side. Issues such as text tools or text boxes not behaving correctly are handled through service updates rather than user-managed installs. The available guidance is to access Designer at https://designer.microsoft.com with a personal Microsoft 365 account and use the current, service-hosted version.

    If the issue persists across multiple devices (Windows 10 and Windows 11) using the same service, it indicates a service-side or account-specific problem rather than something that can be fixed by reinstalling or downgrading. In that case, the next step is to use official support channels (for example, via the Help/Feedback options within Designer or the Microsoft account support pages) so the issue can be investigated and addressed in the live service.

    There is no documented, supported “older Designer client” to install locally, and no enterprise/alternate channel builds are available for rollback.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.