Aczure Account ID how do I access azure do I need credentials ?

John Quirke 0 Reputation points
2026-02-26T11:06:39.5+00:00

I have an Azure Account Name and Account ID but I don't have credentials ? do I need credentials to access the Azure portal ?

Azure Advisor
Azure Advisor

An Azure personalized recommendation engine that helps users follow best practices to optimize Azure deployments.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. AI answer

    2026-02-26T11:06:54.9866667+00:00

    Yes, credentials are required to access Azure.

    An Azure “account name” or “account ID” alone is not enough. To sign in to the Azure portal or use Azure services, a sign-in identity (user account) with a password and, if configured, multi-factor authentication is needed.

    Valid ways to get credentials include:

    1. Individual (personal) Microsoft account
      Create or use an existing Microsoft account and then create an Azure account (free, pay-as-you-go, or via Visual Studio credits).
      • See the options to create an Azure account, such as a free account or pay-as-you-go account.
    2. Work or school (organizational) account
      If Azure is used through an organization, the cloud administrator must provide a work account in the organization’s Microsoft Entra tenant and assign it access to the relevant Azure subscription.
    3. Azure Government (if applicable)
      For Azure Government, a user administrator or billing admin must create a user in the Azure Government Microsoft Entra tenant and assign appropriate roles before that user can sign in to the Azure Government portal.

    If there is an Azure subscription already associated with a company or tenant, but no credentials are available, contact the organization’s cloud administrator, user administrator, or billing admin to create or recover a user account with access.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.