For Windows Server 2022 purchased via Microsoft volume licensing, the full product key is not shown in the Microsoft account order view; only partial key details may appear there. To see or manage the full key, use the Volume Licensing tools and portals instead of the personal Microsoft account view.
For volume licenses (including Windows Server 2022 Standard/Datacenter):
- Sign in with an account that has VL Administrator, Key Administrator, or Key Viewer role.
- Go to the Microsoft 365 admin center → Billing → Your products → Volume licensing → View downloads and keys.
- On the Products and services page, select the Windows Server 2022 product.
- Open the Keys tab to see the full KMS or MAK keys. The Activations/Seats column shows how many activations are used.
If the key is not visible there, or the agreement is not yet linked to the tenant, link the agreement first (using authorization/license numbers) or contact Microsoft Licensing Support to verify entitlement and request assistance. For MAK keys, an increase to activation limits (not the key itself) can also be requested via the dedicated support web form once signed in as a VL admin.
If Windows Server 2022 was bought as OEM or retail (not via volume licensing), the full key is normally provided by the OEM or on the original proof of purchase/media, and cannot be reconstructed from the partial key shown in the Microsoft account. In that case, contact the seller or Microsoft support with proof of purchase for replacement options.
References:
- Find and use product keys for volume licensing
- I lost or damaged my product key
- Where to enter your Office product key
- Microsoft account sign-in helper
- What is a Microsoft account?
- I found the eval iso for SQL Server 2022 STD. I purchased a license in 2023. Will you send me the license key again? - Microsoft Q&A
- How can I get my Server and SQL authorization back? - Microsoft Q&A
- How to obtain the authorized key? I only see the key for Windows Server 2022 Standard Edition, but I can't find the key for SQL Standard Edition - Microsoft Q&A