Outlook PC app not able to add icloud email to accout

Darryl Burtch 5 Reputation points
2026-02-21T17:44:01.91+00:00

I have been using Outlook on my PC for many years. I am currently running WIN 11. The other day, outlook would not open and said Access Denied in the WIN Outlook app. I have since tried many things.

  1. Removed the iCloud account from outlook and tried to add it back on
  2. I uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled
  3. I have completed a restart after the removal and install
  4. I have signed into iCloud and revoked the password and generated a new one

So what is happening:

  1. I open Outlook app on my PC
  2. It asks me to add/ choose my icloud account
  3. I hit continue
  4. Then my browser opens up to an apple page and gives me this error (see attached screen shot) "invalid_request Invalid OAuth Client Request"

Can you help me sync my icloud/ me.com email to Outlook?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. AI answer

    2026-02-21T17:44:13.1166667+00:00

    It seems that you're experiencing issues with adding your iCloud email to Outlook on your PC, particularly with an "invalid_request" error during the OAuth process. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

    1. Check iCloud Settings: Ensure that your iCloud account is set up correctly. Log into your iCloud account via a web browser to verify that everything is functioning as expected.
    2. Generate an App-Specific Password: If you have two-factor authentication enabled for your Apple ID, you may need to generate an app-specific password for Outlook. Go to your Apple ID account page, sign in, and generate a password specifically for Outlook.
    3. Update Outlook: Make sure that you are using the latest version of Outlook. Check for updates and install any available updates.
    4. Clear Browser Cache: Since the error occurs in the browser, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. This can sometimes resolve authentication issues.
    5. Use the Outlook App: If you are using the web version of Outlook, try using the desktop app instead, as it may handle the OAuth process differently.
    6. Contact Apple Support: If the issue persists, consider reaching out to Apple Support for assistance with your iCloud account and OAuth issues.
    7. Check for Windows Updates: Ensure that your Windows 11 is fully updated, as system updates can sometimes resolve compatibility issues with applications.

    If none of these steps resolve the issue, you might want to consider looking for more specific guidance on forums or support pages related to Outlook and iCloud integration.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.