Why am I blocked by copilot

Emily 5 Reputation points
2026-02-20T17:05:32.92+00:00

I was using copilot ai and now it says I am blocked. How do I become unblocked?

Microsoft Copilot | Microsoft 365 Copilot | Development
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. AI answer

    2026-02-20T17:05:40.1666667+00:00

    If you are blocked by Copilot, it could be due to several reasons. Here are some steps you can take to resolve the issue:

    1. Check Your License: Ensure that you are assigned a license that supports Microsoft 365 Copilot. If you have recently been assigned a new license, it may take some time to propagate.
    2. Organizational Policies: Verify with your Microsoft 365 admin that Copilot is not blocked by your organization's policies. Sometimes, specific settings can prevent access to Copilot.
    3. Account Conflicts: Make sure you are not signed in with conflicting accounts (e.g., both a personal and a work account) as this can cause validation issues.
    4. Internet Connectivity: Ensure that your internet connection is stable, as connectivity issues can affect Copilot's functionality.
    5. Device-Based Licensing: If you are using device-based licensing, note that Copilot requires a user-based license to function properly.

    If the issue persists after checking these factors, you may need to contact your IT department or Microsoft support for further assistance.

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.